[EM] Strategy thoughts

Dave Ketchum davek at clarityconnect.com
Tue Dec 8 20:27:09 PST 2009

On Dec 5, 2009, at 7:41 PM, Dave Ketchum wrote  on:  Election Goals &
Methods - a review:

Here I explore some possibilities based on using margins.  Assuming
polling has given perfect knowledge as to the voting without strategy,
what change might a strategist propose for the one group of voters
that hears strategy gimmicks.

> 100 votes:
> 45A
      5A,B - these 5 voters add in B as second choice.  Effect is  31B
to 29 C and B winning.
> 11B
      3B,A - effect is 48A to 44C and B winning (3 vote margin is less
than this 4 vote margin).
> 15B,C
      3B - effect is 45A to 41C and B winning.
> 29C,B
      6C,A - effect is 51A to 49B and A winning (hard to sell, since C
wins without strategy).