[EM] Geographical districts

Jonathan Lundell jlundell at pobox.com
Mon Sep 29 21:23:16 PDT 2008

On Sep 4, 2008, at 4:21 PM, Jonathan Lundell wrote:

> On Sep 4, 2008, at 3:34 PM, James Gilmour wrote:
>
>> Those who would devise new schemes of electoral districts, especially
>> to go with new voting systems, ignore the reality of these various
>> "geographically defined communities" at their peril.
>
> There's a proposition on the November ballot in California that
> would establish an independent commission to draw (single-member)
> state legislative districts (the legislature draws them now). The
> list might be interested in the criteria specified for use by the
> commission. Sorry, I only have a scan and don't feel like typing it
> in.

To the list admin, fyi: this message was received by the list's
servers on 9/4, and sent on today (a second time; it was also sent on
9/4):

(swarthymail-mx1.g.dreamhost.com [208.113.200.31]) by
diego.dreamhost.com
(Postfix) with ESMTP id DC1B148044 for
<election-methods at lists.electorama.com>; Thu,  4 Sep 2008 16:21:55 -0700
(PDT)