[EM] Geographical districts

Jonathan Lundell jlundell at pobox.com
Thu Sep 4 16:21:56 PDT 2008

On Sep 4, 2008, at 3:34 PM, James Gilmour wrote:

> Those who would devise new schemes of electoral districts, especially
> to go with new voting systems, ignore the reality of these various
> "geographically defined communities" at their peril.

There's a proposition on the November ballot in California that would
establish an independent commission to draw (single-member) state
legislative districts (the legislature draws them now). The list might
be interested in the criteria specified for use by the commission.
Sorry, I only have a scan and don't feel like typing it in.