[EM] Buying Votes

Greg Nisbet gregory.nisbet at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 18:44:30 PDT 2008

It's more damaging. A precondition for this sort of behavior is
verifiability. If a politician knew who voted for him and could reward
them, then you would see more policies like that. It happens in real
life. Congressional voting records are public. If it weren't so,
lobbyists wouldn't try.

You are also correct. Individually I do not have to give up much in
order to get money. With everyone thinking this way, the policy would
probably pass.