[EM] NPV vs Condorcet

Greg greg at somervilleirv.org
Tue Oct 21 08:59:42 PDT 2008

My understanding -- though I can't find the information on this at the
moment -- is that in prior attempts to abolish the Electoral College,
the votes from legislators in small states didn't differ significantly
from the votes in large states. The EC as is doesn't deliver much
attention to the small states -- when was the last time someone
campaigned in Vermont or Wyoming? But they do pay attention to Maine,
because it isn't winner-take-all.