[EM] Who comes "second" in Ranked Pairs?

Jobst Heitzig heitzig-j at web.de
Sat Oct 18 16:29:07 PDT 2008

Dear Steve,

you wrote:
> Jobst, is there any justification for the criterion you mentioned below
> that's satisfied by Beatpath but not by MAM or River?

I personally don't think so. In the beginning, I liked the criterion
however for its mathematical beauty, and since it's a natural
generalization of the requirement of immunity, but that's all. I don't
see any practical relevance for it.

> I never ran a simulation comparing MAM vs River to see which method's
> winner is ranked over the other's winner more often over the long run.
> Has anyone run that simulation?

I think I have but I will have to look it up. I will answer tomorrow.

Yours, Jobst