[EM] Populism and Voting Theory

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Fri Oct 17 03:10:00 PDT 2008

Greg Nisbet wrote:
> Which system would be the most bang for the buck? What system would take the
> least amount of convincing for the greatest gain?
> Which system do you think would work best that is actually achievable?

Don't forget cascade voting, because:

  a) cost = zero bucks

  b) no need to convince voters up front (they can just try it out),
     nor get approval from government nor parties (they have no say)

  c) actually achievable, because we're doing it now (but yet to prove
     popularity)

  d) works best in theory, so I think (but, again, yet to prove)

  http://zelea.com/project/votorola/home.xht

Anyway, it's something different to consider.

--
Michael Allan

Toronto, 647-436-4521
http://zelea.com/