[EM] Range > Condorcet (No idea who started this argument, sorry; I am Gregory Nisbet)

Raph Frank raphfrk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 03:02:39 PDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 3:17 AM, Greg Nisbet <gregory.nisbet at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is called Cardinal Condorcet or something like that and is detailed
> here: http://fc.antioch.edu/~james_green-armytage/cwp13.htm

This is interesting.

I am unsure why the voter has to submit both a ranked list and a rated
ballot, especially since they have to be consistant with each other.
Surely, the rankings can be inferred from the ratings.

I guess some voters might just want to cast a rankings ballot and be
done with it.  In that case, they can just rate 9-8-7-6-5-4 ...
(though it does mean that they have to reverse order from a normal
ranking ballot).