[EM] Worst Voting Method

Chris Benham cbenhamau at yahoo.com.au
Wed Oct 15 23:45:15 PDT 2008

I don't see antiplurality as much worse than FPP.

Antiplurality  (vote against one, candidate with fewest votes wins) meets
Majority Loser  and  Strong Favourite  Betrayal.

Very bad is the Supplementary Vote used to elect some mayors in the
UK.   It is like the Contingent Vote  (one trip to the polls TTR) except
voters are only allowed to rank 2 candidates.

Borda Voting is also very bad.  It fails  Majority Favourite and  "Rich Party"
(meaning that it fails Clone-Loser in a way that advantages factions who field
more candidates).

Chris Benham

Greg Nisbet  wrote:
What is the worst voting method of all time?

I suggest methods already made up

I suggest antiplurality, if that doesn't count, then... hmmm... North
Carolina's weird version of IRV.
http://www.fairvote.org/irv/?page=21&articlemode=showspecific&showarticle=2229

40% to win? 40%?! WHY?

      Make the switch to the world's best email. Get Yahoo!7 Mail! http://au.yahoo.com/y7mail