[EM] IRV vs Condorcet vs Range/Score

Chris Benham cbenhamau at yahoo.com.au
Thu Oct 9 21:59:11 PDT 2008

Dave Ketchum wrote:
I started this thread to compare IRV vs Condorcet, believing that IRV is
provably less capable and deserves discarding.

Dave,
Comparing a decisive method  with a criterion is a bit like comparing a
person with  "virtue".  As soon as you tell us which  *decisive method*
you support  I will be happy to discuss its comparison with IRV.

Or failing that, perhaps you could give us some clue as to what method
you support by telling us some other criteria besides the Condorcet Criterion
that you think a method should meet.

Chris Benham

      Make the switch to the world's best email. Get Yahoo!7 Mail! http://au.yahoo.com/y7mail