[EM] FW: IRV Challenge - Press Announcement

Kathy Dopp kathy.dopp at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 11:46:37 PDT 2008

FYI,

Update - the hearing on IRV has been postponed on the request of the
City of Minneapolis.

My affidavit for Plaintiffs suing to stop the adoption of Instant
Runoff Voting (IRV) in Minneapolis, MN, as well as Plaintiffs' briefs
in the legal case, are posted at

http://electionmathematics.org at the top of the "Instant Runoff Voting" page.

In my opinion, anyone taking the time to read my affidavit and the
Memos for the Plaintiffs will agree that IRV is a fundamentally
unfair, mathematically flawed vote counting method that would cause
many practical election problems.

The hearing and oral arguments, originally scheduled for October 8,
2008 on the merits of the constitutionality of the City of Minneapolis
Single Transfer Vote — Instant Runoff Voting — has been postponed.

A hearing will be held on Wednesday morning, but only on procedural
matters.   We hope to know more regarding a re-scheduled hearing soon
and we expect it to be still take place in October.

Kathy