[EM] Why We Shouldn't Count Votes with Machines

Terry Bouricius terryb at burlingtontelecom.net
Thu Oct 2 17:02:22 PDT 2008

Ralph wrote:
"This can be solved by just publishing the ballot images.  This way
everyone can work out their own result."

Note that in Burlington (Vermont, USA), all of the ranked ballot images
(text file, not graphical images, unfortunately) are posted on the
Internet after the election, along with tallying software and instructions
on how to conduct your own IRV tally using any spread sheet software. You
can see the actual city web site here:
http://www.burlingtonvotes.org/20060307/

Terry Bouricius