[EM] Why I think IRV isn't a serious alternative

Greg greg at somervilleirv.org
Wed Nov 26 15:48:38 PST 2008

That is incorrect. There have been tight (not "easy") elections where
IRV chose the Condorcet winner. The recent Pierce County Executive and
Assessor-Recorder races are two examples.

Also, there's actually a decent amount of real world ranking data
available. IRV data from San Francisco, Burlington, and Pierce County.
STV data from Cambridge and Ireland. Preferential presidential polls
from Ireland. And more. I'm in the process of making it all available
online in a uniform format.

Greg