[EM] language/framing quibble

Fred Gohlke fredgohlke at verizon.net
Tue Nov 25 13:55:21 PST 2008

Good Afternoon, Dave

I fear there is a great difference in our views.  You seem to feel
parties have a rightful place in our political infrastructure.

I don't.

I have no objection to the existence of parties.  I consider them a
vital part of society.  However, I deny, vehemently, that they have a
right to arrogate to themselves control of our government.

Democracy means that each of us have a right to participate in governing
ourselves, to the extent of our interest and ability.  Nothing in the
concept of democracy, or in the Constitution on which our nation was
founded, grants the right of governance to self-interested groups of
power-seekers who have turned themselves into conduits for corruption,
pandering to vested interest and operating to the detriment of the
humans among us.

Fred