[EM] Three rounds

Raph Frank raphfrk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 03:21:03 PST 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 11:59 PM, Juho Laatu <juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> [...]

If you just keep keep declaring candidates as 'weak' until all
candidates are weak, then it is basically approval voting.

Once someone passes 50%, that candidate is declared as the potential
winner.  All ballots are then considered to also approve candidates
that they prefer to the potential winner.

So,

45: A>B>C
Approves A (as highest strong candidate)

9: B>A>C
Approves A (as highest strong candidate)
Approves B (as weak candidate)

46: C>B>A
Approves C (as highest strong)
Approves B (as preferred to potential winner)