[EM] New MN court affidavits by those defending non-Monotonic voting methods & IRV/STV

Kathy Dopp kathy.dopp at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 01:31:23 PST 2008

>>> From: Greg <greg at somervilleirv.org>
>>> Subject: Re: [EM] New MN court affidavits by those defending
>>>       non-Monotonic   voting methods & IRV/STV

> Abd seems to show that TTR cannot be reduced in such a mechanical manner,

You guys seem to forget the biggest difference btwn TTR or
primary/general and IRV  is that ALL voters are free to participate in
the second of the TTR elections or the general election - completely
unlike all the voters with expired ballots in the final IRV counting
rounds - esp. when their number of choices are restricted. THINK about
it instead of continuing this steady stream of mouth-open, brain-shut
nonsense.

Plus there are numerous other differences. Re-read my paper on the
flaws of IRV or re-read my affidavit to refresh yourselves on some of
the differences between the two methods (two elections versus IRV).
They are not remotely equivalent.

Kathy