[Election-Methods] D(n)MAC/RB

fsimmons at pcc.edu fsimmons at pcc.edu
Tue May 27 18:34:59 PDT 2008

Dear Jobst,

I think you are right:   Plain random ballot (as fall back) induces full cooperation at lower values of alpha than does a mixture of plain and approval random ballot, since the penalty is greater for failing to cooperate in the former case.

However, given a value of alpha for which both fall back methods (plain and mixed) induce full cooperation, it seems to me that the fallback mixture will give a higher probability of the compromise candidate A being elected, since the probabilities only differ in case of fallback, where random ballot favors A1 and A2, while random approval ballot favors the compromise A.

My Best,

Forest