[Election-Methods] method designchallenge+new method AMP

fsimmons at pcc.edu fsimmons at pcc.edu
Tue May 13 15:53:05 PDT 2008

Dear Jobst,How about D52MAC, instead of D2MAC, for the challenge problem?51 A>C(52%)49 B>C(52%)  1. Draw 52 ballots at random.2. If at least one candidate is approved on all 52 of these ballots, then elect the candidate that is marked "approved" on the greatest number of ballots (including the ballots not drawn).3.  I f no candidate is approved on all 52 of the drawn ballots, then elect the favorite of the first drawn ballot.Obviously, in the current scenario only C has any chance of getting elected in step 2.So it is either go all out to get C elected or be happy with the benchmark lottery.I suspect that the number 52 in D52MAC could be reduced to about 7, and still leave plenty of incentive to approve C in both factions.My Best,Forest