[Election-Methods] method designchallenge+new method AMP

Jobst Heitzig heitzig-j at web.de
Mon May 5 14:32:58 PDT 2008

Dear Abd-ul Rahman,

you wrote:
 > Jobst, Range is your method.

Sorry, but that is nonsense. I made clear that I consider a situation
where the voters will vote strategic and (after having been asked) that
they know each others' preferences well. The A voters will bullet vote
under Range and have A for sure.

So, Range Voting is obviously and quite definitely not a solution to the
posed problem. It may be a solution to different problems, possibly
including the one you described in your mail, but that was not the question.

Yours, Jobst