[Election-Methods] Fwd: [LWVTopics] IRV Voting

Abd ul-Rahman Lomax abd at lomaxdesign.com
Mon May 12 21:25:57 PDT 2008

At 10:36 AM 5/12/2008, Jonathan Lundell wrote:

>So instead of enforcing a trustworthy central counting system in those
>states, you're asking me to believe that all the county registrars are
>fine, upstanding honest people who would never manipulate an election
>if they could get away with it?
>
>OK....

Naive, I must say. Sure, individual registrars can be corrupt. But
wholesale fraud is the most worrisome kind, and it becomes more
likely the more that there is central control. One of the worries
about DREs is that additional avenues for wholesale fraud become
open. Centralization is another opening door.