[Election-Methods] [english 94%] Re: method design challenge +new method AMP

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Sat May 3 08:51:50 PDT 2008

Hi,

--- Jobst Heitzig <heitzig-j at web.de> a écrit :
> Dear Juho,
>
> this sounds nice -- the crucial point is that we'll have to analyse what
>   strategic voters will vote under that method! Obviously, it makes no
> sense to the A voters to reverse their C>B preference since that would
> eliminate C instead of B and will result in B winning instead of C...
>
> Did you look deeper into the strategic implications yet?

If under the PR method it can happen that you don't want to vote for a
"sure winner" then I guess in this method it might be the case that you
don't want to vote against a "sure loser." If so, that could aggravate the
problem of electing poor compromises.

I suspect strategically this method is a lot like antiplurality in its
instability, with voters frequently wishing they had voted differently once
they see the results.

Kevin Venzke