[Election-Methods] I Need Reviews of "Ten Reasons to Oppose IRV"

Kathy Dopp kathy.dopp at gmail.com
Tue May 27 16:25:13 PDT 2008

Friends,

Would anyone like to co-author or help review a short paper I am going
to publicly release to our 14,000-strong email announcement list on
"Ten Reasons to Oppose IRV"?

I have a draft ready for review.

I am taking time off from other pressing issues to write it due to the
widespread push for IRV in the last week including:

1. article in The Nation magazine pro-IRV

2. article in the Hernando (on the Internet)

3. pro-IRV discussions on LWV of Utah list

4. numerous pro-IRV discussions on LWV US list

There are three sections I haven't filled out yet (just need a short
paragraph for each if that is possible:

What is Instant Runoff Voting (IRV)?

What is "Plurality" Voting?

Where is the Support for IRV Coming From?

I've already filled out the section "Ten Reasons to Oppose Instant
Runoff Voting" based much on the replies I received to my earlier
request to this list.

Please email me and I'll send you a copy for review.

Thanks.

Kathy