[Election-Methods] IRV ballot is at least as fair as FPTP ballot

Stéphane Rouillon stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca
Sat May 3 09:26:22 PDT 2008

Again satisfaction analysis can be used to objectively determine which
of IRV and FTP
produces the best outcome. Using enough election data, one could even
measure how often IRV may
elect the candidate not favored by most voters. My humble estimation is
rarely (1/50 times).
In comparison I estimate FPTP outcomes to be deficient (1/5 times) and
condorcet methods (1/200 times).
I qualify a method to be deficient when another outcome would produce a
better global satisfaction.

Stéphane