[Election-Methods] Partisan Politics

Fred Gohlke fredgohlke at verizon.net
Sun Mar 16 18:01:01 PDT 2008

Good Evening, Juho

I apologize for the tardiness of my response.  Right now, it looks like
I will be quite busy until at least Mid-April, but I'll do my best to
stay current.

re: "That sort of favours electing hard core career seeking politicians."

That is a characterization.  Its validity depends on how you see such
things.  Individuals may be re-elected multiple times if they embody the
qualities the people seek in their representatives.  They can only do so
by convincing others, who want the selection as much as they do, to
choose them.  When they are able to do so, I see no reason to disparage
them.  We should treasure them.

re: "One new formulation of Descartes' famous 'I think, therefore I am'
is 'I consume, therefore I am'."

Not bad.  Not bad.  Still, given the tone of many political posts, I'd
lean toward, "I complain, therefore I am."

Fred