[Election-Methods] PR favoring racial minorities

Warren Smith warren.wds at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 21:21:50 PDT 2008

> Instead it is based on the mathematical theorem that
> if people vote in a racial manner, then if X percent of people vote
> black, and enough
> black candidates are available, then we get X percent
> black winners.

Dopp: And this theorem while it may sound believable at first glance is
instead of course obvious mathematical nonsense and easily rebutted
with any one of a countable infinite number of counterexamples.

--I reply...
How fascinating that Kathy Dopp has refuted over a century of research
into PR voting
systems.  But rather than keeping her infinite number of obvious
counterexamples secret,
how about exhibiting one?  I mean, I'll settle for just one.

--
Warren D. Smith
http://RangeVoting.org <-- add your endorsement (by clicking "endorse"