[Election-Methods] Matrix voting and cloneproof MMP questions

Juho juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 7 12:46:38 PDT 2008

Few notes.

In some cases having an opposition may be a positive thing. E.g.
having always the same government may not be a good thing in the long
run.

One approach is to use some single winner method to determine the
preferred coalition that should form the government (I'm assuming a
multi-party system here) (candidates in the single winner election
are coalitions like "Party1+Party2", "Party1+Party3+Party4" etc.).
That could lead to either a majority or a minority government,
consisting of one, few or all parties.

Juho