[Election-Methods] Social preference ordering (was: Whymonotonicity?)

Paul Kislanko jpkislanko at bellsouth.net
Thu Jan 10 23:32:21 PST 2008

Arrow's Nobel Prize was awarded because his impossibility proof was general.

I do not know what is meant by "Cardinal methods get around Arrow" - the
only way to "get around" that proof is to decide that violation of one or
more of the axioms is "ok."

How do "cardinal methods" avoid the impossibility proof?

  _____