[EM] Can someone point me at an example of the nonmonotonicityof IRV?

Stéphane Rouillon stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca
Sun Aug 10 08:34:45 PDT 2008

I agree IRV can rarely make your vote work against you (about 1 chance on
1000).
How about a system that can make a candidate wanted by a majority lose
(about 1 chance on 5)!!
That's what FPTP can do when political strategists present a clone of the
favourite candidate to split the votes...
Clearly FPTP is worst than all other single-winner systems.