[Election-Methods] RE : Re: RE : Re: peer-reviewed work that is critical of IRV

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Fri Sep 28 22:59:05 PDT 2007

Hi,

--- Abd ul-Rahman Lomax <abd at lomaxdesign.com> a écrit :
> At 01:16 PM 9/28/2007, Kevin Venzke wrote:
> >If that were shown to be incorrect, though, then at least James
> >Green-Armytage's article could be usefully cited on this topic. I don't
> >think he mentions IRV specifically, but he discusses issues that are
> >of interest to e.g. Condorcet advocates.
> >
> >I'm not eager to resort to citing (former) EM list subscribers though.
>
> Green-Armytage is cited in places as an authority; however, note that
> he is self-published and could be challenged on that basis.

He is published in Voting Matters. You can read it here, Nov 04:
http://www.mcdougall.org.uk/VM/MAIN.HTM

At the moment the site isn't working for me, but it was earlier today.

In this paper he proposes his Range-influenced defeat strength measure.
He can't do this without explaining why he believes it is a good idea.

That's all I have time to say at the moment...

Kevin Venzke