[EM] Trees by Proxy

Juho juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 25 14:43:03 PDT 2007

In the discussion of use of proxies for FAs and more formal and
decision making legislative and other processes support the idea of
making clear definitions and separating different areas of discussion
as needed. I don't believe there would be one single method and
formal procedures that would be best for all environments. (This
applies also to many other discussions on this mailing list on the
relative merits of different voting methods and discussions on "which
one is best".) To me it seems obvious that FAs and legislative
processes need different parameters, the expected behaviour of voters/
members is different etc. Often concrete examples of the intended
environment help me in understanding what cases the discussed
theoretical concept are expected to cover. Proxies can be used in
many different ways, as this stream of discussion proves.

Juho