[EM] Directional Resistance

Jobst Heitzig heitzig-j at web.de
Thu Mar 22 02:44:33 PDT 2007

Dear Forest,

nice idea, but I'm almost sure it will not be cloneproof. Consider three
options x,y,z. Then the circuit resistance from x to z is
  1 / (1/Rxz + 1/(Rxy+Ryz)).
When we add a y-clone y', it seems we get
  1 / (1/Rxz + 1/(Rxy+Ryz) + 1/(Rxy'+Ry'z))
which is smaller. Although all other pairwise circuit resistances will
also decrease, it seems that this will not happen in such a coordinated
way that the winner is preserved.

Yours, Jobst