[EM] Trees and single-winner methods

Juho juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 11 14:59:19 PDT 2007

P.S. Neutrality maybe needs some additional words. The candidate tree
makes the behaviour of the method slightly different with respect to
different candidates. Otherwise similar ballots but with different
names do not always behave the same way. The method is neutral as a
whole (candidate set-up is seen as part of the method) although the
ballots calculation process is not (when candidate set-up is seen as
an external input to this process).

Juho