[EM] UncAAO

Michael Ossipoff mikeo2106 at msn.com
Sat Mar 3 00:22:22 PST 2007

Forest--

Alright, but the C voters are still truncating their approval, aren’t they?
They still need that strategy in order to put the choice to the A voters
about accepting the Nash equilibrium or else. True, the C voters don’t have
to abandon A to the degree that they’d have to in wv. So they don’t need as
drastic a strategy against offensive order-reversal as they’d need in wv.
(Truncation didn’t seem drastic until it’s compared to the only-partial
truncation of UncAAO).

Now, if UncAAO meets (what I consider) the deluxe rank-method criteria, SFC
and SDSC, that means that, while reducing the amount of defensive strategy
needed against offensive order-reversal,  UncAAO retains the full advantages
that a rank method can have over Approval.

Maybe this is one of those times when something is found that is a little
better than what was believed possible.

If the strategy in your example always works, then that probably means that
UncAAO meets SDSC. But what about SFC?

Well, GSFC would be even better than SFC, but SFC would be good enough.

I have other questions about UncAAO, but I’ll save them for another posting.

Mike Ossipoff