[Election-Methods] Steve--Accepting or rejecting in Approval

Markus Schulze markus.schulze at alumni.tu-berlin.de
Thu Jul 26 08:52:53 PDT 2007

Dear Steve Eppley,

 > By that strange reasoning, one could conclude that
 > the Beatpath method is not the same as Schulze's
 > method, since the term Beatpath wasn't used.

Well, the term "beatpath winner" was used for the very
first time on 10 May 2000 in a mail by Mike Ossipoff.
Already in that mail, Mike Ossipoff wrote that the term
"beatpath winner" is only a new name for the Schulze
method.

When Mike Ossipoff spams mailing lists with new names for
already known methods to make the Condorcet movement look
more heterogeneous than it already is, then this doesn't
mean that we have to follow his agenda. Does it?

Markus Schulze