[Election-Methods] Talk to the public, on alt.politics.election thread

Michael Ossipoff mikeo2106 at msn.com
Sat Jul 28 03:31:50 PDT 2007

We discuss arguments for showing the public the merit of Approval or other
good voting systems You might want to try some of those arguments out on the
public, in a thread on the newsgroup
alt.politics.elections.

I asked a poll question there "Which of these voting systems would you
accept for public elections?"

(I asked about the same four methods as in the poll that I reported)

So far no one at the newsgroup has said which of those methods they'd
accept, but I've gotten some complaints against electoral reform in general.
Maybe, like me, you're burned-out about discussing that with Joe Citizen.
But maybe you'd like to try out some of the arguments that we've been
discussing, to answer people's objections to better voting systems.

Sure, you could start such a thread at any time, but right now it's in
progress.

And, if anyone would criticize our voting system poll for its small turnout,
then I invite you to do some polling of your own. Do I have to be the only
one of us who bothers to ask the public which voting system they'd accept?

Mike Ossipoff