[EM] Credentials?

Brandon J. Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 10:56:30 PST 2007

MIKE OSSIPOFF wrote:
> I'd like to comment one more time on the claim that Warren is a professor.
> Have you noticed who's been making all the errors and mis-statements? The
> professor's posting about Bias-Free consisted of nothing else. The professor
> also was unable to follow an explicit instruction for a derivation using
> math that wouldn't be a problem for a genuine math professor. This professor
> sounds more like a pretentious crank.
>
> If Warren is a professor, then he's an incompetent one.

Hi, I just subscribed.  I'm a professional signature gatherer and I have
an interest in the merits of paper vs. electronic voting.  A friend of
mine has "gone activist" about paper-only systems, and she goaded me
into joining some mailing list, somewhere, to learn about the issues.  I
don't know if this was / is an appropriate forum for that sort of
thing.  I Googled randomly for something, and the title seemed reasonable.

This kind of back-and-forth has convinced me that your list has no value
whatsoever.  I'm unsubscribing.  I suggest you go to a moderated format
and put a muzzle on people who are precipitating this kind of nonsense.
The credibility of your list may be at stake.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every