[EM] Clearinlg up an ambiguity in CW's in-cycle apportionment

Michael Ossipoff mikeo2106 at msn.com
Fri Jan 19 04:26:35 PST 2007

I've tried several wordings for CW's in-cycle apportionment. I was using an
unambiguous wording, but it was long. I shortened it, but introduced
ambiguity. But here's a brief but unambiguous wording:

Each cycle's seats are given to its states in such a way that no state in
that cycle recieves fewer seats than a state in that cycle that is smaller
than it is,  and in such a way that, each state in the cycle receives the
minimum number of seats consistent with that rule.

Mike Ossipoff