[EM] Weighted Bias-Free

Michael Ossipoff mikeo2106 at msn.com
Thu Jan 18 05:07:26 PST 2007

Weighted Bias-Free allows for a nonuniform state-size probability density
distribution.

Its formula is based on an assumed distribution function of the form:

B/(q+A).

A & B would have to be determined by measuring the aveage density of states
in a number of regions of the population range, and then using least-squares
to fit B/(q+A) to those densities.

When A and B havew been chosen, the Rounding point of Weighted Bias-Free
(BFW) is:

This problem had many opportuniies for error, and I'm not so arrogant as to
claim that I couldn't make an error. Butthe formula has the look of being
right. It isn't possible to test the reasonableness of its rounding points
till A has been chosen. B doesn't affect the rounding point, but is part of
making the curve-fit.

Mke Ossipoff