[EM] MAMPO is the most deluxe simple alternative method

Michael Ossipoff mikeo2106 at msn.com
Thu Feb 22 09:45:36 PST 2007

Yes,  MAMPO looks like it belongs at the  top of the simple alternative rank
methods, just below SSD, in my list of methods to propose. So now this is my
method proposing-order:

1. SSD
2. MAMPO
3. MDDA
4. MDDB
5. MMPO
6. PC
7. Smith//PC
8. SR

Of course it’s no surprise that, being better than the other simple
alternative methods,  MAMPO Is also less simple than they are. Well, that’s
why I list a succession of proposals, starting with the best, proceeding in
the direction of simpler and more briefly-defined.

You mentioned, a few years ago, that MMPO had a problem, and, as a result of
that problem, we dropped MMPO. What was that problem?

Whatever it is, how bad could MMPO be? Its definition is as brief as that of
SR, but MMPO meets more criteria that I like.

MinMax(Pairwise-Opposition) (MMPO):

Elect the candidate compared to whom each one of the other candidates has
someone ranked over him/her by more voters.

[end of MMPO definition]

With that super-brief definition, combined with MMPO’s criteria compliances,
MMPO Is a good proposal, no matter what that problem was.

No doubt some or most of these simple alternative rank methods fail
Plurality and Condorcet Loser. But, as I’ve said before about PC and
Condorcet Loser, “What a remarkably un-disliked Pliurality and Condorcet
Loser that MMPO winner must be!”

Though I don’t consider compliance with the Plurality Criterion essential,
MAMPO’s compliance with Plurality, in addition to FBC, SFC, & SDSC, makes
MAMPO more deluxe than the methods that I list below it in my succession of
proposals.

Mike Ossipoff