[Election-Methods] RE : Re: RE : Re: rcv ala tournament

Juho juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Dec 30 07:33:17 PST 2007

Yes, I'm to some extent comparing apples to oranges, but I think the
Approval strategies are also not quite "complete" since they rely on
some estimate on how others are going to vote and that estimate is in
real life always unreliable and incomplete. The Approval strategies
that regular voters use will probably also rely on generalizations
like identifying who are the "frontrunners" and making one's decision
based on this. So, I was trying to compare an incomplete Condorcet
strategy to an incomplete Approval strategy.

Juho