[Election-Methods] RE : Re: Fwd: FYI - FairVote MN Responds to LawsuitAgainst IRV

rob brown rob at karmatics.com
Thu Dec 27 10:02:30 PST 2007

On Dec 27, 2007 8:20 AM, Kevin Venzke <stepjak at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> -- rob brown <rob at karmatics.com> a écrit:
> > Has anyone bothered setting up a condorcet poll on which is the best
> > condorcet method?  (there is the obvious issue of which method to
> choose,
> > but since it doesn't actually count for anything, might as well try
> > any/all
> > of them)
>
> We once performed a poll on the wiki. There was also a separate mailing
> list where this topic was discussed.
>
> Here are the wiki links:
> http://wiki.electorama.com/wiki/Method_evaluation_poll
> http://wiki.electorama.com/wiki/Method_support_poll

Interesting.  I think I'll make a new years resolution to work on improving
/extending this.  Sorta sad that there is no way to say "ok, show me the
winner using Tideman" or something.  Or at least "show me a pretty pairwise
matrix"

Here's what I'd do:  make all the input data available in a javascript data
structure, served as a .js file that anyone can include in a page.  Then
anyone who wants to make a javascript tabulator and results display for
their method of choice can make a web page to present the results/analysis
as they please.

(I'm personally partial to pairwise matrices with a bar graph:
http://karmatics.com/voting/bars-demo.html ...that would quite easily hook
into this)