[Election-Methods] RE : Re: Primary Elections using a "Top 2/Single Transferable Voting Method"

Juho juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 18 14:26:53 PST 2007

My use of term "populism" is maybe not quite proper English. The
intention is to refer to behaviour where the politician expresses
views that easily get the support of large (maybe not so educated/
knowledgeable) masses (but are not typically that much appreciated by
the best experts / responsible leaders). Typical extreme themes might
be e.g. "if I'll be elected the taxes of low and mid class will be
cut to half", "if I'll be elected there will be no more unemployment
in 6 months".

What would be a good term for this kind of political behaviour
(benefiting of popular but not so sensible themes)?

Juho