[Election-Methods] Elect the Compromise (correction)

Juho juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 31 00:59:14 PDT 2007

There are deterministic method related tracks that have not been
discussed so far. It is possible to use the uncertainty involved in
the polls. The votes need not be exactly 55% and 45% but there can be
some uncertainty on which one of the two groups is bigger.

The A supporters may vote "A>C>>B" instead of "A>>C>B" to increase
the probability of electing C in the case that the A group will not
have majority. (The method could use e.g. approval cutoff, different
preference strengths, ratings.)

I think this works also with the "near perfect information"
assumption. Probabilities depend on the level of "nearness".

Juho

P.S. I assume the challenge is now to elect only "good" compromise
candidates