[Election-Methods] Elect the Compromise

Juho juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 29 17:36:34 PDT 2007

On Aug 30, 2007, at 2:30 , Jobst Heitzig wrote:

> Dear Juho!
>
>> How about the weighted Borda that I described earlier? Square root
>> weights would give 0, 1 and 1.4 points instead of 0, 1 and 2.
>
> I'm totally sorry -- I just have forgotten that you proposed this. It
> will probably work, too, but I'm not sure whether those scores make it
> easier or more difficult...

Yes, same results, but with different style. At that point I didn't
yet consider the equilibrium possibilities, just electing C already
with the sincere votes, and therefore needing the square root
modification (or something similar giving the compromise more points
than just the average of min and max).

Juho