[Election-Methods] Elect the Compromise

Jobst Heitzig heitzig-j at web.de
Wed Aug 29 16:30:52 PDT 2007

Dear Juho!

> How about the weighted Borda that I described earlier? Square root
> weights would give 0, 1 and 1.4 points instead of 0, 1 and 2.

I'm totally sorry -- I just have forgotten that you proposed this. It
will probably work, too, but I'm not sure whether those scores make it
easier or more difficult...

> In line with what Forest wrote I'm not advocating these methods,
> except as challenges on this list. The most obvious problem is
> clones, e.g. one candidate from the Democrats and two from the
> Republicans. From this point of view one could require that votes 55

Right. Neither am I advocating them. It was just an observation that
Borda deals better in this particular situation. We should improve upon
that!

Yours, Jobst