[Election-Methods] Elect the Compromise

Jobst Heitzig heitzig-j at web.de
Wed Aug 29 16:37:14 PDT 2007

Dear Abd ul-Rahman,

> The ratings, then, were a serious red
> herring. All that would matter is the ranking.

Not at all. I only stated that a certain method (classical Borda) has in the given situation no group strategy equilibria electing A or B but only some group strategy equilibria electing C.

> A 210, B 190, C 200. This does not elect C. So I've misunderstood
> something.

Yes. I did not say Borda elects C with *sincere* rankings. I said all *group strategy equilibria* elect C, for example the equilibrium

55 C>A>B
45 C>B>A

> the ratings that Jobst fed us as a distraction.

You're doing it again -- please stop it.

Jobst