[Election-Methods] Elect the Compromise

Jobst Heitzig heitzig-j at web.de
Mon Aug 27 13:26:26 PDT 2007

Dear Rob,

> I AM against systems that create a conflict within people, between voting in a way that is "most in their interest", and in a way that "feels honest".  Range voting blatantly creates this conflict (because voting at anything but the extremes in range voting is not in your interest), while approval doesn't.

What do you think of D2MAC in this situation? It does not create the kind of conflict but rather makes it attractive for all voters to "approve also" of the compromise candidate C in addition to their "favourite" A or B, because in this way they keep the result from being randomly chosen from A and B and make sure it is C with certainty.

Yours, Jobst