[Election-Methods] Challenge: Elect the compromise when there're only 2 factions

Jobst Heitzig heitzig-j at web.de
Sat Aug 25 05:46:49 PDT 2007

Dear Brian!

> But to me the end of the strategy discussion is that the A faction
> could simply bullet vote and no system can recover from a simple
> majority of votes {A=100,B=0,C=0}.

If that was so, I would not have posed the question :-)

There are methods that will lead to the election of the compromise when all voters use "optimal" strategies (i.e. maximizing expected rating/utility).

And they need not even be randomized (although that makes the solution much easier).

Let's see who will find the answer...

Yours, Jobst