[Election-Methods] RE : Corrected "strategy inCondorcet" section

Juho juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 17 13:55:30 PDT 2007

July 29th I drafted also one example that was intended to be more
realistic than the 1000 1000 1 scenario.

Juho

--excerpt---
Here's another version of the example - longer, but now the numbers
could be from real life. There seems to be a consensus (within both
of the two parties, "AB" and "CD") that A is better than B and C is
better than D. Some voters (32%) truncate the candidates of the other
party but all rank their own candidates. One additional vote (e.g.
B>D) can lift B and/or D to the same level with A and C. The point is
that this threat exists also when votes are more balanced than in the
first (extreme but easy to catch) scenario. This may quite well
happen in real life elections.

10 A>B
12 A>B>C
9  A>B>D