[EM] proportional vote - proportional term

Jan Kok jan.kok.5y at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 10:16:37 PDT 2007

On 4/3/07, Chris Benham <chrisjbenham at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> BTW  I think your plan of re-electing 2 out of the 5 in a years time
> isn't very "proportional". Say faction A is supported by a bare
> majority in both elections. After the first election A will rightly have
> 3 of the 5 seats, but after the second A will be over-represented
> with 4 seats.

Indeed. Why not hold an election for all the seats each year?

The reason for staggering the elections is generally to provide
"continuity". But those who want to continue and are perceived by the
voters as having done well should have no trouble getting re-elected
in a yearly election.

Cheers,
- Jan